• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Supplier(s) For New Capacitors

FWIW, I'd probably take this over the Rubycon anyway, even if it does cost more. SamYoung Electronics|SamYoung Electronics NFA 400V47 18*20|Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - Leaded|LCSC

My second choice would be Ymin|Ymin LKML2502G470MF|Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - Leaded|LCSC but I tend to like short fat caps.
Are those well known brands in China? The good thing about buying those is that it's much less likely that they're counterfeit. No point in counterfeiting an obscure brand when it's just as easy to print a famous brand name on it.

I recall a post on another board where a guy was saying that he had upgraded his cheap Chinese amp with a Sam Young cap he had purchased on Aliexpress or eBay. He included a link and it cost about 5x more than a nice Nichicon. After quite a bit of searching, I found the specs for the cap and they were absolutely horrid.

Apparently, they make different levels of quality, like the well known brands. Still.

I now use Hayseed on everything I restore with old can caps. Great people to deal with and never an issue.

IMG_1360.jpeg

If you want to keep the original look Hayseed Hamfest has restuffed original looking cans with modern 105* caps. Looks like you might be waiting a while though. Hayseed Hamfest | Life's Too Short for Restuffing Can Capacitors. – Hayseed Hamfest LLC
Also Authenticaps have the same construction in most cases

So are the Authenticaps stuffed with discrete radial capacitors like the Hayseeds?

Or are the Authenticaps a "toilet roll" construction like the CEs and vintage Mallory cans?

So are the Authenticaps stuffed with discrete radial capacitors like the Hayseeds?

Or are the Authenticaps a "toilet roll" construction like the CEs and vintage Mallory cans?
You can generally tell by the temperature rating. Original construction like CE are rated at 55-65c. Restuffed are generally 105c
Pretty sure my VTA ST-120 gets hotter than 55* 2 inches from a pair of KT120s, the Authenticap is rated at 105c.

You probably can't do any better than Hayseed Hamfest. They're very reasonably priced, built with best quality non-PRC components exclusively, and have proven to be excellent folks to deal with. Solid folks, solid product.

My years-ago experience of exploding (not an exaggeration - black goo all over the room) can caps "made on original Mallory machinery" from 20-25 years ago has made me cautious. My building partner has used Hayseed Hamfest parts in all kinds of Golden Age gear restorations over the past year, and all have been very successful, and 100% easy and helpful transactions.

All good fortune,
Chris