• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Nuvistor Dave MI-200 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Charley Kittleson and I went to New Mexico over 25 years ago where I got my first pair. They were dubbed the holographic sound projectors. Alas I had to sell them about 15 years ago; when I moved. Later; I met up with Tomas; and we leased a space out in the boonies and set it up with lots of tube gear. Recently Bob in Kansas sent a pair to me for restoration; after that was done I brought
them to the Studio; Voice of the Theatre; Altec Manta; all octal Nuvistor Dave Preamp; streaming audio into high end dac etc.
Tom was practically crying when I started packing the amps up to send back to Bob. So...I made Bob an offer to buy the amps; and he accepted on condition of first right of refusal. Now my first pair I was running SV572's which interestingly I assisted in the design of during the '90s. Now these SV572's are being manufactured again. :D

Attachments

• Resized_20210119_115313(1)_resized.jpeg
    Resized_20210119_115313(1)_resized.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 87
  • MI_200_Sch2.jpg
    MI_200_Sch2.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 87
  • SV572.jpg
    SV572.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 86
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.