• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Chinese 300b

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, Duke58, thanks for letting me know. Then I guess they are still trying to recover the old forumulas.

I've had the chance of using Elrog and Takatsuki 300B. They are top notched. Currently there are also great 300B made in China. Psvane has ACME series which received positive reviews these days. SuperTNT has 300BK and they are making an updated version of it. Technically they are better then PSVANE ACME 300B. I might have a chance of auditing the new version and if so I will report back.

Hi, Duke58,

I am very sure the moment you hear a WE300B (or even better WE300A) of early days, you will immediately hear a difference. (That said, they are hard to find and the price is beyond reasonable. ) And therefore we still need time to judge whether the re-production of WE300B is successful or not. Maybe you just need time to burn it in?

I suppose you can contact U.S. dealer to audit Elrog and Takatsuki. There are dealers for PSVANE in Canada or U.S. if I remember.

SuperTNT is a very small business that ran out of stock regularly. They only produce a small batch once in a while. They seldom sell oversea. And I was told that they are still trying to find a factory in China who can produce satisfactory plates (anode) for their next batch production.

(The boss of SuperTNT is a friend so I would rather not provide more potential biased information right now.)

Also, I forgot that there is another small factory called LINLAI who also produced 300B simlimar level of PSVANE's ACME 300B. It has distributors in U.S. as well I suppose. Like PSVANE, LINLAI was also started by a few techinicians from SHUGUANG, who were not happy with the beauracratic administration of SHUGUANG, at least this is what I was told.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

W. YAN

Hi, 45,

Thanks. I partially agree. However, most of the tube amp designs in China are very outdated -- seldom try DHT driver and even less try great CCS type filament regulator for example. A lot of DIYers here are still looking after 6SN7 as 300B driver and driving the 6SN7's price up. Still once some one swap in a better 300B tube, he hears a difference. So the overall bad amp design in the 80's should not 100% account for the reputation of 80's WE-300 re-prouction. Just my 2 cents.

Regards,

W. Yan

Last edited:
jswags818,

Does your amp have:
No negative feedback, taken from the output transformer?
Negative feedback, taken from the output transformer?

Thanks!

No negative feedback. It hasw a 5400k Ω output transformer and a D3a driver. The deisgn in on Audiodesignguide.com Its the one he calls the reference 300B amplifier. Only difference is I bought tentlabs heater filament boards and I am using soviet milspec capacitors in the PS and Deulend coupling caps.

New SuperTNT 300BQ

O1CN01IEJAWc1IdZNbIu8vb_!!13340916.jpg

O1CN01AMc7WR1IdZSGIh6L0_!!13340916.jpg

O1CN01cuCvq61IdZSIXDoay_!!13340916.jpg

It seems that there are a high number of asians have become wealthy enough to be interested in good music reproduction. Its good, that they have their own products for buying and don't need to buy foreigns.
Nobody that I know buys china made products because of quality- its just the usual low quality product and that can be spotted from the pics itself.

You beliefe in those measurement diagrams, really?
Oh man, they can fake everything, even measurement protocolls.
When they are on their european tour, chinese buy all those excellent and well made european products. Because they can be sure not to buy fakes and replicas.
Every chinese with money and status buys only original foreign products, if they can afford. They are able to build excellent quality (see Foxconn/Apple), but for that they want a premium price, too. If you have compared this tube with a real WE, engraved base, the result would be interesting.
The engraved one looks excellent. Thanks for sharing!

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I've never made that statement.

Did you measure those tubes? Or is it chinese curves? A measurement with no values, no axis declaration?
You know, measurements are one thing, but what counts in the end is the audible quality.
Did you heard those tubes? Did you compare them with others?
How much is the price for a pair?
Or are you just doing progaganda for those tubes, guerilla marketing way?

Btw, chinese people, when they got wealthy, are the most arrogant of all. They never buy chinese goods, only foreign is good enough for them. Because nobody buys chinese when quality is the focus.
And speaking frankly, if I had to buy 300B, only original WE 300B would do. Nothing else. Maybe the Whitener 300B, but never chinese.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.