• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Sourcing High quality toggle switches

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It will receive L&R signal from after the selector switch and then take this to the volume pot signal input L&R. It will also take from after the mode selector switch and balance wheel and again send to the volume pot, so in one switch position it is bypassing the mode selector and balance, the other as normal with these in the chain.

The Pre-amp - it's an old SP8, so long flat levers preferred, but not essential.

levers like this?

It's going to sit in where the old non functional outlet switch goes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 07.10.18.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 07.10.18.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 386
I tried to order a tumbler switch from that RS Components company here in the Netherlands.
After the purchase (I thought) I received an email from that company that they refuse to sell the tumbler switch to me because I am NOT a company also. They are selling their products to a registered company only.

Weird to see that the double switch with gold plated contacts is cheaper than a single switch.
It look very good though. For sure something to keep in mind!

@JoeAlders: I may be able to help you with this, as I have a small company for electronics and ICT. Send me a PM if necessary.

Good luck! Gerrit

Last edited:
Weird to see that the double switch with gold plated contacts is cheaper than a single switch.
It look very good though. For sure something to keep in mind!

@JoeAlders: I may be able to help you with this, as I have a small company for electronics and ICT. Send me a PM if necessary.

Good luck! Gerrit

Thanks Gerrit for willing to help me out here! :)

Will send you a PM.
Joe.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.