• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 - Schematic / Service manual

Are we talking ---Sonic Frontiers -Line 2 ?--

If so Wordpress seems to have it but you need to login and as its HTTP not HTTPS so can be intercepted I didn't do it ,but if that doesn't bother you and many don't bother then go ahead .

My own conscious wont let me link it directly but its resatite.files.wordpress.com

Disabled Account
Joined 2013

Attachments

• sfl-2_original.png
    sfl-2_original.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 1,468
Thanks, but I'm not looking for any Sonic Frontiers power amplifier manual.

Sonic Frontiers had multiple preamps, "Line 2" was one of them, as was "SFL-2" (from a previous generation).

I am looking for the "SFL-2" preamplifier schematic, specifically the PSU schematic.
If anyone can help I appreciate it.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
@Eli Duttman,
I'm considering contacting "Parts Connexion" as a last resort plan.

@Analogico,

Don’t hesitate to contact Parts Connexion to request the schematic you need. Chris Johnson (who founded both Sonic Frontiers and Parts Connexion) was very helpful to me when I was looking for a schematic of an a SF amplifier, and email the schematic and entire service manual to me. If he has it archived I expect he would gladly help you with the schematic.

Good luck!

The Line-2 also has a seperate PSU with a similar number of discrete power sources. It has a similar complement of tubes, so there ought to be a fair degree of commonality between the PSUs.

There is a repair manual with a schematic on HifiEngine ...
Line-2

Maybe you can derive the PSU from that?

here is a question .
I have a Line 2
i got problems in the power suply in the HV sections which i am going to try to solve
what bothers me that while i am in HV trouble machine powers up form the front unit goes to mute and then mute is disengaged and machine appears to be ready to operate but there is no input control or any other control form the front plate
I can assume that the logig board doesnt operate unlees all HV is present
Though if i have problems on teh logic circuit also i am not shure that this will ever work
Any info about the operation ?

Hi Analogico and any other SFL-2 owners... Did you ever get the service manual and schem for the SFL-2? I have one as well, and I need to upgrade a few of the caps to better match my amp. I have searched far and wide with little to no luck. I've been in touch with Chris @ Parts Connexion multilple times over the years for parts tubes etc, but I'm guessing he's just swamped this year, as I've not heard back from him after trying many times ... and I don't feel comfortable asking again... I have the caps (V-cap Odams), but I really need the schematic to map them.. I guess I can trace it with my meters, but having the schematic is really best. Thanks for any help
Warmest regards and all the best!
Mick

Hi Analogico and any other SFL-2 owners... Did you ever get the service manual and schem for the SFL-2? I have one as well, and I need to upgrade a few of the caps to better match my amp. I have searched far and wide with little to no luck. I've been in touch with Chris @ Parts Connexion multilple times over the years for parts tubes etc, but I'm guessing he's just swamped this year, as I've not heard back from him after trying many times ... and I don't feel comfortable asking again... I have the caps (V-cap Odams), but I really need the schematic to map them.. I guess I can trace it with my meters, but having the schematic is really best. Thanks for any help
Warmest regards and all the best!
Mick