• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube rolling for my Tube T1 tube preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any suggestion on tube rolling for my Tube T1 tube preamp (mini class d TDA7498E amp)

Atm i use 5654 6AK5 CV4010 JAN GE MATCHED PAIR NOS BOXED VALVE/TUBE

5654 6AK5 CV4010 JAN GE MATCHED PAIR NOS BOXED VALVE/TUBE | eBay

Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

I want to get some improvements in the high more soft and airy

I think the highs are a little to loud and not super soft, could sound as if my combination is analytic, that it doesn't sound good with bad recordings and really good with the best recordings but can have a little to much highs

Shure i can just adjust the highs and lows since my tube preamp (senucn-audio) has tone controls but i would like the balance to be a little better without having to use the tone controls.

Generally it's a little bright but i also think that 12 o'clock on the tone controls isn't neutral therefore i have them set to between 11 and 12 o'clock

Interconnects 1 sommer basic cable, cordial cfu cc (short) and qed xt25, a nad d1050 dac with nerdis optical cable (i use a 4 way input control)

Speakers which have a better balanced sound without the tube preamp,buffer is defenitive technology demand d7

Last edited:
Can Head-Fi not provide you with that answer as that website seems to be the main website for this practice ?

Tubes are used and approved in specified designs by the designer of the electronic circuit--- to install tubes with very different impedance/ element capacitance's /grid/working range etc etc I will let those that approve of this action to answer your questions on this point.

6Ak5 does not have a very linear curve and tube to tube difference are significant. I say, in this specific case, quantity is better than quality. I would get a dozen or 2 of mixed tubes. Spend no more than $1 on each one. Spend an afternoon or two and pick the couple you like best.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.