• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6db loss in compressor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello group,

I am having 6dB loss on my tube VM Compressor (stereo) even with bypass engaged. Tested as well with a sine at 1kHz. When Bypass is NOT engaged, that is to say, the compressor is engaged and with treshold at 0, the signal have 6dB loss as well and a roll off at low frecuencies, like a HPF at 40Hz.

For the 6dB loss, thinking that maybe I have one legged connection, due the loss is present with bypass engaged, I checked all D-Sub 25 pinouts from Soundcard Output to Patchbay, and DB-Sub 25 pinouts from Patchbay to Soundcard Inputs, and all polarities are correctly wired.

Checked the Compressor wiring from XLR in and out to input and outputs transforners and all looks correct.

One thing with this compressor is that one channel have to be wired inverse at the output otherwise there is a phase cancellation, which I do not understand too because L and R have not the same signal. This make me think that must be a mistake with the sidechain feed ?

Any help or hint is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.