Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Heathkit  Model A-7D Audio Amp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd June 2020, 09:59 PM   #1
bzadel is offline bzadel  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Heathkit Model A-7D Audio Amp

Hello everyone,

I am a new member to the forum - just registered today.

I have a Heathkit A-7D Audio Amp I just purchased and I understand that there are some modifications that have been made to it over the years. Would anyone in the forum have any knowledge as to where I can find those mod's. Thank you, I would appreciate it.

Bill
KI7ZAD
Old 23rd June 2020, 10:20 PM   #2
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forums. Moved your thread from Forum Problems to Tubes category where it fits. Read the forum's rules (top menu) and have a look at the categories (left menu) to learn more about our site. Wishing you good DIY experiences.
Old 24th June 2020, 03:15 PM   #3
Palustris is offline Palustris  United States
diyAudio Member

I would just add that when asking for technical advise it is always helpful to add the schematic for the device to the first post. Most users don't have the schematic for every device close to hand and that means they must search for it on line. If you provide the schematic, even if you have to search for it, then more people can respond.
Old 24th June 2020, 04:08 PM   #4
audiowize is offline audiowize  United States
diyAudio Member

Heathkit  Model A-7D Audio Amp Send a message via AIM to audiowize
Is your amp modified or are you asking about modifications you should make?
Old 24th June 2020, 04:31 PM   #5
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

This is a single channel, mono power amplifier with an input selector and level control.
Due to age, replacing the electrolytic capacitors and coupling capacitors (if paper),
and checking the tubes and resistor values, should be all that is needed.
Clean the level and balance controls.

Free download heathkit a 7d schematic

Last edited by rayma; 24th June 2020 at 04:34 PM.
Old 24th June 2020, 04:41 PM   #6
vinylkid58 is online now vinylkid58  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzadel View Post
I have a Heathkit A-7D Audio Amp I just purchased and I understand that there are some modifications that have been made to it over the years. Would anyone in the forum have any knowledge as to where I can find those mod's. Thank you, I would appreciate it.
Here's a tiny snip-it of info: http://www.kta-hifi.net/projects/amp_page/a7amp/a7.htm

jeff

Heathkit  Model A-7D Audio AmpHide this!Advertise here!