• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Ordering from Justradios.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you are extending the legs of the capacitors then there must be a join somewhere .

Put the two leads of your multimeter together and you should find what you are measuring is the resistance of the leads of the multimeter not the short length of wire.

What do you mean by join somewhere? Do you mean when the two Leeds join to the capacitor or when the two Leeds join to the PCB. Also my multimeter is a little smarter then that if the two probes are directly touching each other it says 0 ohms. Also my multimeter is a uni-t UT139A i know its not as good as a fluke but its probably good enough.

If you are measuring = 100milliohms on a 2 inch piece of wire-

BIN the wire !

I have a HP 6.5 digit industrial assembly line systems voltmeter and I have just measured a 2 inch piece of thin copper wire using a 4-wire circuit and its less than - 0.001milliohms .

Are you saying you are going to cut off the legs of the capacitors and solder your longer ones DIRECTLY onto the capacitor base connections ?
IE- not extending the existing leads ?

Post 171 you said you had -quote-"10 different radios" if you are a serious collector of old radios then some are going to be 500+ V working voltage.

No you don't need a 1000V meter but you are getting near the limit of your meter and testing AC transformer output requires a higher than indicated voltage due to AC peak voltages.

It can blow some digital meters which are only good for lower AC voltage readings .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.