• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help with a organ tube amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for all the great info , the case of the organ is pretty bad and not really worth the time and money. Around the Dayton and Orlando Areas have a ton of free organs and piano’s. I’ve found 3 thing week and one was a grand piano and a 3 level organ. And yes most of the time they are nonworking. But good for parts
I may part this thing out. If someone wants or needs any wire or tubes, please message me and I’ll either give it or a small fee, but you will have to cover shipping with way
I do have most of the test gear for testing anything from wire to tubes. I have a scope, esr meters and a tv tube tester, refresher
And a field service tech tube tester as well
I did see some bumblebee resistors in it
IMG_6719.jpg
IMG_6720.jpg

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Remember there is a heap of "little" tubes which should not wobble when the organ gets loud.

I read it as two similar power transformers, two rectifiers. One power supply feeds the oscillator rack. The other power supply feeds two 6L6 loafing near 25 Watts (mono). Which fits the mentioned 10" and 12" speakers: more cone area makes more sound per Watt, and two sizes "can" give good bass and good treble at a low manufacturing cost.

A stereo amp would have three transformers. I see two. That little thing is too small to power two channels - my guess is that’s a choke. So one power and one output trafo. One speaker, too, right?
Thanks. I might have been mislead by the two identical engravings on the end bells. Perhaps this is just the bells' parts #'s, or they've chosen identical bells for economy reasons, or somewhat had replaced one (or both) bells previously?

Best regards!

Thanks for the info
I’m going to start the just of pulling all the parts out. And getting all the wire out in as long of a run as possible. I’m going to take care and get the jenson speakers out safely and clean them up. I will test them and pull some t/s numbers for them. I have a Dayton dats2 and the mic. I think I’ll post them with a nice discount here first, and then Off to flebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.