• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

GlassWare Aikido ACF 9-pin Buffer.. Anyone built one? (jumper/optional cap questions)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Aikido Cathode Follower [ACF] Buffer

For 6DJ8, non White-Cathode-Follower configuration, do I:
1. jumper R5? (Y/N)
2. jumper R11? (Y/N)
3. Omit C5 along with C3?

It would be great to have these definitively answered, since that's the last hold up to complting this project!

Thanks in advance!

Aikido Cathode Follower [ACF] Buffer

For 6DJ8, non White-Cathode-Follower configuration, do I:
1. jumper R5? (Y/N)
2. jumper R11? (Y/N)
3. Omit C5 along with C3?

It would be great to have these definitively answered, since that's the last hold up to complting this project!

Thanks in advance!
You cannot jumper R5 that would short the input
R11 is absent is this a typo ?

C3 and C5 should be installed per the manual

Gents... Thanks SO much for your help!

I'm afraid there's been some confusion (on my part) regarding the manual and different versions.. and hence schematics.
I believed that the PDF manual was the same as the printed manual
My sincerest apologies!!!

I've taken a photo of the printed manual that came with the board:
Dropbox - IMG_2531.jpg -

Hoping it all makes sense now...

Last edited:
Sooo... I had hoped to catch someone who had built this before and hence would know the answers...

It's a bit of a conundrum.. but I'd really like to finish this, so any help forthcoming would be very much appreciated!!!

I will post photos of all the manual pages..
I just don't know what else to do.
Broskie just doesn't reply to emails.
I'm dead in the water...

Thanks again for the patience one and all.....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Also a pic of the board so far (FWIW)

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2009
In post #6 you posted a schematic that you said was from the printed manual that came with your board. See the first photo below.

In your last post you link to a schematic that according to you also comes form the printed manual that came with your board. See the second photo below.

Are you a troll?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
There are 2 possible configurations..
One is the "Normal Aikido Cathode follower ".
That is what is represented by the schematic in the first photo that you reposted.
The other, optional configuration, is a "White Cathode Follower ".
It is what is represented in the second/bottom photo.

Both possible configurations are presented in the manual.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.