• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Korg Nutube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guide | Nutube – English

Seems to me, with the available example circuits, and the given curves, that one could almost trivially design most-anything for a NuTube … without PSpice models.

In the days before PSpice-Everywhere, one calculated things with curves, straight edges, and all that … which frankly gave a much better feeling about whether one's circuit idea would work, whether the valve(s) would be within both their nominal, and hopefully their optimal operating limits, and even giving a fine inkling as to whether the prevailing applied signal would swamp the design, or fall easily within its sweet spot.

But that's cuz I'm older than DIRT.
The by-hand way seems to embody the soon-to-be-Lost-Art.

⋅-=≡ GoatGuy ✓ ≡=-⋅

Well,
Let's just say that I qualify for senior discounts anywhere, and yes I can do it the old way, and I also use the glassware tools which to some extent are a computer version of the old way. But pspice allows me to build circuits which are not easy to model the old way such as cascode and hybrid and basically virtual prototype them saving me countless hours of bench time which in the old days you got paid for but now you don't. And you're not going to be employable if you don't use the latest tools. Your job will go to some Asian that does. And yeah, I'm still working trying to make the case that experience doesn't == dinosaur.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.