• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Oh no...not another Baby Huey EL84 build.

On the BOM. You might want to check the WIKI where some updated resistor values are...to be safer regarding possible oscillations.

Baby Huey PP EL84 amplifier

I'll put them here also:
"R14 and R15 changed from 270R 2W to 1K 2W, past experience showed that EL34 in Ultralinear need 1K" ...often 1k is also used as screen stopper for EL84...ymmv.

"I didn't change R3 and R4 but if I had thought about them before loading I would have used 4K7 for just a bit more ECC83 parasitic oscillation proofing."

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thank you, Bas, for your posts on your build. Very helpful. I also noticed that you have already updated the BHEL84 WIKI with gingertubes suggestions he wrote just a few hours ago! Wow. Thanks for doing the WIKI also.

I’m looking forward to hearing your listening notes and observations on the performance of your BHEL84, especially compared to your Broskie “Uncommonly good EL84” amplifier.

Hello Guys!
I have seen many Chinese kits and cadmium-iron clamp pcb connectors are also widely used in diyers.
How do these chandelier connectors come with your hi-fi ???
When gold-plated cables, sockets are a hit, is such an internal (practical :( ) connector OK ???

Baby and even more electron tube amplifiers have been made by me for years.
I haven’t finished one yet, but the classic Baby is in line. My hobby poisoned me. :)
I'm poor, I can't buy an output transformer. I have to make it.

Attachments

• Baby output t..jpg
    Baby output t..jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 569
  • Apa, kezdődik.jpg
    Apa, kezdődik.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 580
  • Baby's.jpg
    Baby's.jpg
    820.8 KB · Views: 555
  • A gép.jpg
    A gép.jpg