• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

C-Core Transformer Cores & Coilformer Supplier for DIY, where?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I thought I would throw out this inquiry here where to find C cores and accessories in DIY quantities, ie. first and foremost a set of bare cores for a pair of diy transformers for tube output, but also ready made opt's is considered as well, and am residing within EU.

Have looked around Ali express but didn't find much, eBay had a few, one supplier, http://www.ebay.com/usr/vintage_audio_lab, from Taiwan supplying C core made of Hitachi amorphous looks interesting.

Any other reasonably priced suppliers?

Cheers Michael

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
some info on the "Silicore" (Westinghouse?) double C-cores I have to offer:

SG76/32 (same as FA-U32, HWR-40/20, Q7.3)
secondary power 110VA 50Hz.

SG89/38 (same as FA-V38, HWR-50/24, Q8.3)
secondary power 220VA 50Hz.

The cores are individually numbered and cut surfaces are protected.
There is some surface rust under the protection because the otherwise clear protection turned dark (I do not want to peel the protection off on each off them)
I used some unprotected and rusted ones for chokes without problems (after rust removing).
I can give more technical details to those interested.

Last edited:
PieterT gave me a supplier who is based in china, you can pm him for the address...

my pc crashed, so i am not sure if i still have it..

Unfortunately Pieter has deactivated his account here on diyA, and on his webpage it appears from the message that due to his age he prefers to withdraw back to a calmer lifestyle, but if you happen to find info on the cores then please reply or pm me, thanks.

Unfortunately Pieter has deactivated his account here on diyA, and on his webpage it appears from the message that due to his age he prefers to withdraw back to a calmer lifestyle, but if you happen to find info on the cores then please reply or pm me, thanks.

i remember now, it is the one posted in post #7: , the same one PieterT sent me .....
Amorphous C Cutting Core - (AMCC), Amorphous C Cutting Core - (AMCC) direct from Guangzhou Amorphous Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. in CN

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.