Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Single Ended Triode?
Single Ended Triode?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 04:06 AM   #1
ericfx1984 is offline ericfx1984  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Single Ended Triode?

So I am intrigued by these single ended triode amps... I have been reading about using things like 6l6, 5881, 6v6, and 7591s in triode strapped operation

I owned several vintage 6l6 of various types(including the sexy looking coke bottles), many of them pair matched, as well and a few vintage tung-sol 5881, more vintage 6v6 then I can count and a matched pair of Hammond 7591... hell I even have some 807's laying around

I have PTs ranging from 110v to as high as 3600 volt...

I have more rectifier tubes than I know what to do with...

I figured I could run a pair of fostex fe206en which can be had for around $300-$350 a pair

But i am not sure what would be the best choice for the tube out of what I have on hand?

Crap what do I run for an OPT?

Help me Narrow this down a bit, I am going wild with ideas
Old Today, 05:14 AM   #2
Stephane Vorstellung is offline Stephane Vorstellung  United States
diyAudio Member

If you've never built a SE amp, you should check out the Tubelab SSE project. The Tubelab website offers PCBs, schematics, in-depth build notes and detailed reflections on tube and transformer options. The SSE can be built to work with a variety of tubes, can work tube or SS rectification, and can be built to run in pentode and ultralinear modes as well. There is a healthy community of SSE builders posting in threads here : https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubelab/

Single Ended Triode?Hide this!Advertise here!