• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Hammond 126-000050 mod to hifi(ish)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok so i used my sine wave generator tested my Hammond 126-000050 (and it power supply) Out of a Hammond H100. My findings are usable output from about 25hz to 16500hz (which is about the limit of my hearing anyways

There is a pair of 7591s in push pull (Bass) and two pairs of el84s in push pull, for a total of 3 channels

I have had a few people suggest that I need to run upgraded OPT's, claiming that the stock OPT's are limited to about 6,000-7,000hz. While I agree that there is a little bit of roll off up top, I don't think that the roll off is actually in the OPT's My guess is the roll off is in the audio chain itself

The plan is to run the el84's as right and left channels, then to run 2 a pair of efficient bass drivers (still need to work that out), one in each cabinet, in parallel to reach the desired impedance

As for the Output transformers, What does everyone recommend? I could easily keep the existing power supply and run a pair of 807 or 6l6? I have plenty of them laying around

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.