• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ARC PH5 help

I ran through B2 Spice as well, specs look nice for the 2SK170 JFET.

THD is 0.002% for a 5mV Input, output is 27mV p-p

Output noise at 20K measured 70nV/sq.rt.Hz.

Attachments

• FC3DA36C-A218-4076-AAEE-1E535053D629.png
    FC3DA36C-A218-4076-AAEE-1E535053D629.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 169
Just so I understand, 4 matched 2SK170BL for the difamp and one for the CCS?

Maybe I should invest and learn LT SPICE/ B2 SPICE. Where can I get a copy?

LTSpice is a free download, but you will have to acquire Most tube models, and a majority of discrete SS components yourself.

B2 Spice is a John Broskie product, that was put together several years ago, I got in on the ground floor, before the price was marked up. It will run close to $600.00, but it is loaded 1000’s of components, including ALL the popular tubes, OPT’s are another story, I haven’t been able to get any OPT model to work properly. I’ve asked for technical help but didn’t get very far.
But so far as accuracy, it’s been at least 90%. Which saves a lot of breadboarding, I’ve designed phono stages that have been better than 95% accurate with B2 Spice.

Hi All,
It's been a little while since we talked. If I wanted to add passive RIAA to this design, where should I add it? I'm thinking after Q5? Am I correct that there is a RIAA filter already there...just not the complete network? The second network (bass?) is the feedback loop...which I want to remove. I plan to use something like the passive RIAA network from the PASS or Salas designs.

Thanks

The Salas folded Simplistic and the Pass Pearl (1 & 2) have it between the input stage and second stage? Not that I need to copy them, just a question. I could put the second filter after the tube stage. Trying to remove the feedback...but maybe I should just trust ARC.

I know they are not the know all/end all in design. The changes I made to the power supply were a dramatic improvement over the stock design.

Since I'm now talking "analog source" should I move this question to that section?

Since this is a phono stage and a fet/tube hybrid, I would ask if a moderator could move, or link, all of this over to the correct section (analog source)?

I don't know how to move all of these posts?

I would like to continue the discussion over there, but I do thank all of you for your help and input.