• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ECC82 pre with cathode follower

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok, so far I got six layers of paint on. What was I thinking spray painting in this cold weather. Sometimes thinking hurts but no gain without a little pain. It proved not a good idea to warm the chassis in a oven just before spray painting it outside :D) Oh well, there's always a sandpaper...

Attachments

• blisters.JPG
    blisters.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 122
Been there before.... sanding bad finish, repaint only to get a drip or orange peeling. More sanding till your arm drops off : )

I've been painting a chassis this week, 2mm thick ali, I warm the various parts in front of the fire, not too warm though and put my spray can in the same place to warm giving it a shake every 5 minutes or so.

Andy.

hey, it's the satisfaction of own labor that counts :) My compressor is in a frosty shed and thinning paint only works to a limited degree as the case starts dipping when drying inside the house. Almost got the blisters out, perhaps another three or four layers to go.

Waitin' for the paint to stop dripping I did some more modelling, with Micro Cap this time. Output impedance is confirmed to be non-existant (flat from DC to 20KHz). Although the LTspice result is confirmed both programs might use the same dodgy underlaying core-SW. Opinions are welcome because I have a hard time to accept the not of this world outcome.

Attachments

• flatline2.JPG
    flatline2.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Micro-Cap-12.JPG
    Micro-Cap-12.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 75
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.