• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Rogers Cadet MK3 using the Power Amp with a different Pre amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

Speakers pretty much finished, still need to experiment with some different wadding/foam inside before screwing the backs on but gotta day they sound amazing! Better than even the original Cab they came in that looked like it was built to the specs.

The bass has improved massively & the more detailed parts of the percussion & vocals are incredible.

Currently just have twisted piece of 1” foam in there as that’s what the old cabs had on them but will try lining the the walls & some other types of wadding.

Thanks again to all & especially @galu for inspiring me to go on this adventure! Will keep you updated as things improve!!!

9F569DC9-9AC5-44DF-B9BA-DCCAABBFCA3B.jpeg

A9F372D4-07FF-41FF-8750-D4F6333F4916.jpeg

63C8CA28-CCD1-4D65-9524-21A852439BB4.jpeg !

I've been looking forward to your update and am glad to have been of assistance.

I like the way you have incorporated the slot port into the cabinet design.

Did you replace the foam around the periphery of the whizzer cones, or is the frequency balance just fine without it?

Did you replace the foam around the periphery of the whizzer cones, or is the frequency balance just fine without it?

Yes I did exactly as you suggested & it’s definitely made a difference, the high notes of horns were sounding almost on the edge of rattling or vibrating the paper if you get what I mean? & it’s softened that brilliantly.

The ports at the bottom ended up like that as my router wasn’t doing a great job on the test pieces I did so thought up this idea & it looks actually better than I imagined. I am absolutely amazed at the difference between listening without a port & now. I guess it also gives the room to put a fold inside if I wanted to experiment!

Things I still need to do are upgrade the wires between the driver & banana plug sockets as at the mo they’re just screwed in. I’ve got some tail ends of high quality chord speaker wire so will probably solder that in & also try out some finishes for the wood to protect it.

Thanks again, really chuffed with how they sound! Need to keep my eyes out for some 12” super RS now!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.