Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

El 84 push pull amplifier
El 84 push pull amplifier
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th October 2019, 11:39 PM   #1
Shiclete is offline Shiclete
diyAudio Member

Default El 84 push pull amplifier

Hello all my name is DIOGO I am from Portugal,

I am an electronic intusiast as a Mather of fact I work in a electronic store and as such I have acsses to allot of parts, as such I would like to build my very first valve amplifier but I have no clue where to start if some one could providime some info shecmatic diagrams I would really appreciate it, and last but no list some one knows where can I buy in Portugal output transformes and power transformer ? Or knows some store that exports them to Portugal

Thx all

Best regards Diogo Matos
Old 21st October 2019, 12:50 AM   #2
nerdorama is offline nerdorama  United States
diyAudio Member

Look at the Baby Huey fhread here on DIYaudio.
Old 21st October 2019, 03:35 AM   #3
Francois G is offline Francois G  United States
diyAudio Member

I agree on the Baby Huey. See:
EL34 Baby Huey Amplifier

They have recently concluded a Group Buy of PCBs, but there might be people with spares. I also believe Prasi who ran the GB has one stereo pair of EL34 boards left. Just check out the Group Buy Forum for Baby Huey GB.
Old 21st October 2019, 04:52 AM   #4
Parafeed813 is offline Parafeed813  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Let's start with defining some objectives: budget, output power requirement, skill level.
From there we can look into topology: single ended, triode/ul/pentode, PCB or hard wired.
Plenty of ideas, knowledge and support here.
Welcome
Old 21st October 2019, 01:12 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hello all,

Thx for your repplyes

To answer all questions I want to building something in push pull configuration, that can output around 10 to 15 w per channel, would like it to by stereo or maybe dual mono, it can by pcb if possible, or point to point I have never tried it but there is a first time for everithing, my budget is not big but let's say 200 to 300 euros
Old 26th October 2019, 11:15 PM   #6
painted is offline painted  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiclete View Post
Hello all,

Thx for your repplyes

To answer all questions I want to building something in push pull configuration, that can output around 10 to 15 w per channel, would like it to by stereo or maybe dual mono, it can by pcb if possible, or point to point I have never tried it but there is a first time for everithing, my budget is not big but let's say 200 to 300 euros
What is the obsession with circuit boards these days? Tubes produce heat and so mosture inside an enclosure. There is no argument against honest old style point to point wiring. Some handcrafted designs are pure art to see.
Old 26th October 2019, 11:24 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted View Post
What is the obsession with circuit boards these days? Tubes produce heat and so mosture inside an enclosure. There is no argument against honest old style point to point wiring. Some handcrafted designs are pure art to see.
I never tried point to point but like I saíd iam willing to try it, I have already some shecmatics from. The magazine elektor but in Portugal, some parts like the transformers itself are very hard to find

El 84 push pull amplifierHide this!Advertise here!