• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

300b: Making sense of Voltage Swing requirements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello. I'm an amateur musician and new to electronics and require some guidance. I want to learn about voltage swing requirements for a vacuum tube, specifically how to determine the amount required to drive a power tube. I am also unclear how to determine the amount of voltage swing a driver will output.

I assume these things can be derived from datasheets but I'm unclear what google searches I should be doing to find this information.

I have ordered the books written by Morgan Jones and Blencowe and should have them soon. Hopefully they won't be beyond my understanding.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Personally, as a musician myself, and with the only developed skills in math coming from a summer school rapid cal class when I was 14, I found the old military training manuals the most natural place to start. (ie. the least brain pain) with every section followed by a few questions that got me to check back and gel what I'd just read.

The N.E.E.T.S. series was one of the ones I used, the Tubes section is posted below and links to the entire series linked HERE.

It should keep you occupied until your orders come in. Happy Trails !

Attachments

• Mod06 - Electronic Emission Tubes and Power Supplies.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.