• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

A miniDSP follower tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I noticed this miniDSP has 4 audio outputs (while Dayton's DSP box has 8...) I assume it wouldnt be much to flip the phase of the two pairs in software, such that they could be used to drive a push-pull amplifier.

Through tube based buffer / driver stages designed specifically for this "balanced" input situation, of course. Wouldnt want to leave out the opportunity to lampizate the signal by running it through a couple of fully symmetric (from the push-pull perspective) tube stages.

Maybe using the two available analog inputs as feedback from the secondaries might be pushing it, but for all I know that could work out easily.

I assume if such a "cement half A to half B" approach could be made to work, then you'd have an amplifier you could completely control the frequency response of, in software. Within reasonable limits, of course.

It would give a huge latitude for easier_than_soldering experimentation. If the software UI supports what you want to do. Too bad the name "engineer's amplifier" has already been taken. Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.