• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Quick transformer question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, yellow and white go together to form your center tap.

After asking this I decided to make the power supply fully dual-mono for L/R channels, rather than the shared CT supply full-wave the schematic specifies. Since this torroid has two secondary wingdings I'll just use a bridge and CLC on each and have two isolated supplies for each stereo channel. With no extra space needed for another transformer. Same for the DC filaments. Might be better separation I suppose (theoretically).

Come to think of it I kind of like having two identical secondary's rather than a center tapped transformer. You have more options, use them separately, in series for a CT, or in parallel to increase the current rating.

I'll have to rework the voltages for a bridge.

Last edited:
After asking this I decided to make the power supply fully dual-mono for L/R channels, rather than the shared CT supply full-wave the schematic specifies. Since this torroid has two secondary wingdings I'll just use a bridge and CLC on each and have two isolated supplies for each stereo channel. With no extra space needed for another transformer. Same for the DC filaments. Might be better separation I suppose (theoretically).

Come to think of it I kind of like having two identical secondary's rather than a center tapped transformer. You have more options, use them separately, in series for a CT, or in parallel to increase the current rating.

I'll have to rework the voltages for a bridge.

Let me know how that goes, I have considered doing the same thing a few times.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.