• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Simple tube/mosfet headphone amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Found a little simple headphone amp circuit.
Its a 12au7 gain stage into a mosfet source follower.
The mosfet has a lm317 current source.

Didn't work to start with but then found a dry joint on the tube socket.
Then found a 2k2 pot in place of the 22k pot which killed the gain.
Got there in the end.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
....Mods, surely the forum can limit the size of images placed in the threads?

It tries. Does not always work. Especially on external images.

If you click on the image it shrinks to fit your screen. (At least on my FireFox Win7 PC.) Yes, that is counter-intuitive.

If you Refresh the page (F5), it tries to re-size the images. On this thread I had to do it twice; some threads take more F5 beating, some just never fit.

The current forum software is VERY old. The plan is to replace it with new software "soon". In the meantime we live with little annoyances. Any attempt to change the old software would be time-consuming, time better spent in preparation for moving to new software.

It tries. Does not always work. Especially on external images.

If you click on the image it shrinks to fit your screen. (At least on my FireFox Win7 PC.) Yes, that is counter-intuitive.

If you Refresh the page (F5), it tries to re-size the images. On this thread I had to do it twice; some threads take more F5 beating, some just never fit.

Sorry I keep forgetting my digital camera creates huge pictures.
I have resizing software but keep forgetting to use it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.