• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Dynaco VTA-inspired KT88 PP AMP project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are you still working from the schematic you initially posted? Sorry, if I missed an update. I remember you said B+ was 509V. Could you post you revised schematic with the higher supply voltage?

The Lundahl LL1679 transformer is really good and 4.5k impedance will be perfect for two PP KT88. Or are you now leaning to KT120? The LL1679 AM with amourphous core is even better, if you can afford it.

the output transformer I made is designed for 360 V AC, which should give around 504 V DC. Taking into account the chocke resistance we should end up around 490 V B+.

6A3sUMMER, thank you for noticing. It seems that I made a mistake when copying the schematics.

ok, we have started moving. I have finally purchased the OT, so no turning back.
After correcting the mistake with R29, 31 - now they are set to 100 kOhm, I have noticed that the C5, C7 are 0,33 in my schematics, which is bigger than on the ST70 driver board (0.22 was used).
Does it make any sence? I have ordered the Jantzen Superior Z-Caps 0.33. I may still change the order. What do you think?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.