• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

New low voltage IP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2015
Paid Member
Thanks for the head-up. This Ronald Quan patent filed in 2017 is related to a low voltage circuit it published on Linear Audio before. Explanation is unusually clear and full of data. I guess that a patent lawyer was not involved in the filing :)

It contains plenty of useful data and ideas to build a tube preamplifier or headphone amplifier with a commercially available 48V power supply and cheap AA5 tubes. I wonder if anyone here has already built one of the original circuits described in Linear Audio; such as the one that on this patent is labeled fig.10.

A patent usually means that the idea will be commercialized. Does anyone know wich commercial amplifier, if any, actually uses this circuit?

Last edited:
It does not involve anything I'm doing but just noticed Brent Butler 5,705.950 covers zero plate and input on g2 for low voltage.
Fig 8.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20190204_0003 (2).png
    wp_ss_20190204_0003 (2).png
    66.9 KB · Views: 190

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 103
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.