Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

D150 monster amp and funny tooobz
D150 monster amp and funny tooobz
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2019, 03:42 PM   #81
koja is offline koja  Canada
diyAudio Member

I sent an email to Audio Research service to ask if there is a switch out there which fits the same footprint. I am not sure they will get back to me with anything useful. Last time I asked something they just sent me a copy of the User Manual. But it does not hurt to try. Not sure how they expected these to measure something on the order of 50mA over time.
Old 13th October 2019, 05:19 PM   #82
diyAudio Member

got a reply from Audio Research:

"Yes, we would recommend trying to clean it. DeOxit is ok but we use LPS1 here. A small amount usually does the trick and work the pot back and forth 40-50 times through its full rotation to clean as much as possible out of the contacts. If that does not work it will most likely need to be replaced. I cannot share that type of technical information or sell you any parts directly, however."

-----------
I already turned the trim pots back down to min while waiting for DeoxIT in mail. I may still have to look at that axial play on one pot's shaft. p.s. however, D150 is moving down on my priority list as I am likely to finish my LX521 Xover and get those going with Papa's SS amps first.
Old 21st October 2019, 01:55 PM   #83
diyAudio Member

last update: used deoxIT. 7 out of 8 positions on the bias switches work fine. the handle jumps up and holds steady, it is no longer jumpy like before. However at V14 position it still does not move at all. I swapped the tube to another socket and it is the measurement that is an issue, not the tube.

So this service apparently will not be easy. I may have to take the front panel off and try to measure off the wires on the switch. Finding and soldering in a replacement switch would be a project in itself .

D150 monster amp and funny tooobzHide this!Advertise here!