• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Elemental Watson / mods help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello forum :D,

Hopefully i will get the attention of all modders here with significant experience. I own an Elemental Watson hybrid amp, and i wish to improve the sound quality if that is possible and to start i thought that will be good to swap all capacitors with some Elna Silmic. This is my first project so any help suggestion is very much appreciated. I uploaded some pictures of the capacitors and general layout of the amp at the bottom.

Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_1604.jpg
    IMG_1604.jpg
    977.6 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1597.jpg
    IMG_1597.jpg
    671.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_1598.jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1601.jpg
    IMG_1601.jpg
    983 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1602.jpg
    IMG_1602.jpg
    740.7 KB · Views: 170
Hello forum :D,

Hopefully i will get the attention of all modders here with significant experience. I own an Elemental Watson hybrid amp, and i wish to improve the sound quality if that is possible and to start i thought that will be good to swap all capacitors with some Elna Silmic. This is my first project so any help suggestion is very much appreciated. I uploaded some pictures of the capacitors and general layout of the amp at the bottom.

Regards,
I suggest you sell it on ebay, unaltered as non-munged amps are more valuebal,
and use the money to buy something you like better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.