• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

New rebuild - 6F12P-6P45S Triode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Should be in the area of 50W-60W... OPT is 4k3 plate to plate with a 6R speaker on the 16R output so about 1k6 reflected. If you buy iron for this, the 1650N isn't the coil to buy honestly but since this project reused iron from a KT88 amp I built, this is what I got. 1650T would be better suited (1k9 primary)

Thank you very much sir!
I would do the same if i had some spare iron, reusing something is the clever way to go.
Btw i bought an external usb DAC and i am listening high resolution audio, there is no comparison with CD's and LP's
Listening to a good tube amplifier reveals all the flaws of cd mastering so cd's ain't gonna cut it anymore for me at least...

LP's sound much better than digital IMHO. I read that vinyl give an equivalent of about 750 kbit vs 16 bit for red book. And 44.1kHz (without oversampling) gives a max frequency of 22050Hz but a pure triangle wave only. Vinyl can do sine waves at 50kHz :)

When I sample records, I use 192kHz and 24bit but in the future I might switch to 384kHz and 32bit :)

Nice amp!
I did something similar with an old Dynaco amp. Replaced the original tubes with some EL519 tubes in triode mode. A great improvement over the old amp!

Attachments

• IMG_6706.jpg
    IMG_6706.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    740.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_4238.jpg
    IMG_4238.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 133
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.