• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Western Electric New 300B made in USA 2018

Attachments

• D95A40EB-3D29-49B1-B167-4275819DE1BB.JPG
    D95A40EB-3D29-49B1-B167-4275819DE1BB.JPG
    297.6 KB · Views: 812
Thanks indeed Naturallmystic
I do wish to WE team get first batch of triodes for public sale in December.
Big challenge :up::)

Attachments

• D45B35A5-ACC0-42FB-BC59-52E1FC3CB4A2.JPG
    D45B35A5-ACC0-42FB-BC59-52E1FC3CB4A2.JPG
    596.6 KB · Views: 203
  • 2356C89E-C35D-43A7-B8A8-51272CA294E6.JPG
    2356C89E-C35D-43A7-B8A8-51272CA294E6.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 495
  • 9D7E962C-5722-42E1-8414-23CA7BA5FF7B.JPG
    9D7E962C-5722-42E1-8414-23CA7BA5FF7B.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 497
  • 8BC0DFE4-DA89-4FB6-9574-10837829792C.JPG
    8BC0DFE4-DA89-4FB6-9574-10837829792C.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 171
  • FC98800E-B5C4-4540-BC8C-F280AED7BFC4.JPG
    FC98800E-B5C4-4540-BC8C-F280AED7BFC4.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 186
How’s about scotch starting at $50,000 a bottle - if I read it properly, the list’s #1 would be as much for the container as the contents.
Top 12 Most Expensive Whiskey Bottles In The World: Isabella Islay Vs. Macallan M - Financesonline.com

Makes a matched quad of the the WE300Bs look like peanuts.

I had a friend who worked for Plessey born in the 50's whose grandfather gave him an entire barrel of Macallan's to be held at the distillery as a birthing gift. Last time we talked it was still there, that's about 250 bottles.

Very rare the best vintage wine bootle cost x 10 times or ~ x 25 times a pair WE 300B's.

Charlie Trotter let me fondle his bottle of 1945 Romanee Conti. I can say the bottle of 1961 I tried was wonderful but the $16.95 price tag was an unpleasant reminder that the division of wealth and extent of narcissistic self indulgence shows no limits or end in sight.

New Wester Electric Audio Co. veterans do miracle for technological heritage preservation and knowledge transmision. Possibility for millenials and the younger find passionate job , keep good classic forever and reinvent the future of triode " bottle " with high precision tools, microscope control , CNC and new metal's modified by nano technology.

Western Electric Company - Finding His Voice - Educational Short Film - 1929

:xfingers::):wrench:

WE has ceased production of this tube in 1988 and that finally was the end.
@Schmitz77 I read your "first draft" unedited post which appeared in my e:mail inbox earlier today. I can tell you that in the mid-1990s when the reintroduced new production WE 300B tube came to market, thanks to Peter Breuninger's Philadelphia Audio Society, I had the opportunity to hear it against an original "NOS" WE 300B in an amp specially designed and built by Nori Kumoro which allowed switching between the two tube sets. The difference was clear! NOS WE 300B was to the best of my recollection oh so smooth and mellow, more rounded if you will in comparison with the then-new production version. Not to say I wouldn't want them and am not kicking myself for not stocking up on those new tubes back when they were well under a grand per matched pair!

To me, those old tubes come from a different world, soundwise. A world, which isn't any longer existing because of the restrictions in chemicals that limits and changes the standards in production of such things like tubes cathode plating (there was a special sauce that WE used for coating the cathodes for best electron emission and longevity and they had this very special coal like anode plating material the new 300B doesn't have).

Tube sound is intensely dependable of the used materials and production process. Thats why its not replicable when only one parameter is different in the production process.

But the world has changed to new standards for protection of the environment and in that purpose there never could be the same production processesbe established with that many poisonous chemicals that existed in those golden age of tube mass production.

And not everything could be written in books to establish such a process one to one. You should have an exact replica of that process with the same chemicals used, the same raw materials and the same production process under the same environmental circumstances.

I will bet the new company called WE will not even have anything like this. They may have some of the old stock production line, but to buy and use those many diverse chemicals and use them in the same way WE did, is simply forbidden due to modern restrictions. Some of the used original coating materials may be completely forbidden for production any longer. So they managed to build a tube that looks like an original (with restrictions in details) and has the same technical data. But that could be managed by all of the other aftermarket companies, too. I compared original early 60's NOS WE 300B that was in my possession with, what I regarded to be the best new 300B from "WE" and that totally blew the new production out of the race (at least for me). Its like drinking the very best old wine vs. a new bottle of good wine. It simply was unable to produce the same taste and full dynamic sound like the old ones.

Didn't compare that directly, but that sounded interestingly with its own flavour.

I think a tube should not be present by sounding like a technical articaft. It simply should let the music pass and give it its own flavour on the way to the listener. Most of the modern tubes are unable to do so.

What amazes me is all this 50 ~ 75 year old technicians. Most can find "easy job" I guess, the veterans no need work for the money any more so why not travel on the paradise islands or drink cold champagne in his home swimming pool ? Western Electric factory plant build is a huge investment and hard work on the very competitive audio market. It's no doubt power of the authentic passion for WE tubes, speaker drivers, transformers revival people in Rossville wake up every morning. These Guys can be proud :cheerful:

@ Smitz77

Back to DHT theme. WE 300B 2018 are not available today but probably tomorrow. Explain me how yesterday You compare NEW WE with NOS WE without last modern version in the amplifier ? Pattience it´s be possible in very near future :)