• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

whats wrong with this 300b SE schematic?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The most important evidence is that CF change the load line dinamically with the load when it goes down, that's all. We can discuss for hours but I sent the test with this evidence.
Your circuit has nothing to do with the actual amplifier. The load is not the same and the 6H8C is poor for that application. The 6H8C is only good for less demanding applications. There is no evidence. As I said you are eating an apple and conclude that that the carrots are not good.

When you are in Italy we can speak together at my lab.
ok

If I have time in next days I will tune for a better perf. jut to complete the test.
It has to be on Tuesday or Friday. The other days I am out in the mountains....you know why....

Regarding AN, again, the Kit 1 is very fine; I teste many of them always with a great performance also as listening
But it is not class A2. Nothing bad about it. I have said many times class A2 is not necessary with 300B being already a tube with good efficiency. But class A2 can give a bit more performance in all aspects if it is done right!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.