• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6N2P/6CW5 design with toroidal outputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not very familiar with them, but would gladly focus on them for a design, like stated earlier, let us know what you wAnt design goal wise and we can get started on a design for them. Do you want pentode or triode connected for them?

So, more digging around, looks like 6П31С (6P31S) is the Russian equivalent to the EL36(6CM5). Interesting :)

For starters on a basic triode connected EL36/6P31S design, I'm thinking that a 6SN7 concertina feeding a 6SN7 LTP would be a good start. Supply voltage around 350 or so. Output transformer of around 4k to 7k would be a good bet, for somewhere around 22~28W per channel output. Fixed bias would be used. Something very similar to the second schematic I shared earlier would be a great starting point, with the biasing scheme used by Pete Millet on his engineer's amplifier being a good way to handle the output tubes.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Dear Lingwendil,
I wish you the best of further explorations, but I’m still focussed on EL36s. I had hoped you could further my understanding of said tube and it’s best performance. If you moved beyond it all the best to you.

Thanks for your support and contributions. I actually mistyped earlier. What I meant was that I’m still focussed on the EL86 design, the original topic of this thread. Apologies for my mistake.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.