Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

EL34 Baby Huey Amplifier
EL34 Baby Huey Amplifier
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th October 2019, 02:05 PM   #611
bandol83 is offline bandol83  France
diyAudio Member

Hello Prasi,

Thanks for the PCB, they are just arrived and are very nice as usual

I am not in favor of a new thread, it will only make things more confusing. I have already started this thread because of the change from EL84 in the original Ian thread to the EL34 version... There is also someone who started a Wiki thread and there is the GB thread ! Too much thread make the information difficult to find and some time errors between different posts

Therefor I will stay on this thread only, but I have no problem to publish information again about schematic and BOM for the EL34 Baby Huey MK2

There is no stuffing guide yet since I have not yet build the MK2 version but the principe is very close to the first version with the advantage to have the serigraph on both sides of the PCB

You can also read the comments from Ian for KT88 version with voltage options up to 50V for the driver stage but with -100V for bias be careful with 2N5551 which are specified at 150V voltage !

Personally I am not a big fan of KT88, the ones I have tested on my Jolida amplifier sounded too hard, I prefer the 6550 that I am using now, I may try them on the MK2 ?

Cheers,
Marc
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SchemaBaby Huey MK2 Rev 1.5.pdf (149.8 KB, 93 views)
File Type: pdf Baby Huey MK2 BOM.pdf (829.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: pdf Schema Baby Huey MK2 power supply 1.5.pdf (148.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: pdf Baby Huey MK2 Power Supply BOM.pdf (970.6 KB, 70 views)
Old 6th October 2019, 08:09 AM   #612
lordoff is offline lordoff  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Thank you Marc and Prasi,

for collecting all info in one place/post!
Very, very helpful, no doubt, for all of us.
Also, you comments and recommendation about possible variants are precious!
Glad to be owner of such Excellent PCB's, btw! :-)

Kiril
Old 8th October 2019, 01:40 PM   #613
gbowling is offline gbowling  United States
diyAudio Member

My boards also just arrived and as previously stated, in perfect order!

Thank you very much for the great work Prasi, Marc and everyone else who has contributed.

I'm now getting close to starting my build, should be fun.

gabo
Old 14th October 2019, 05:26 PM   #614
tomtest is offline tomtest  Germany
diyAudio Member

EL34 Baby Huey Amplifier
Default Mouser BOM Baby Huey MkII

Hi Marc and all other Guys,

today I have ordered the first parts for the Baby Huey MkII and stumbled over one problem.
In the original BOM from Marc (Revised September 2019) there is CX1 with a value of 10nF and 1000V but the order Number RDER72J104K4M1H03A belongs to a capacitor with 0,1uF (100nF) 630V.
I think the Voltage is not a problem, but which value is the right one?

Not so an important information, the resistors R33 and R38 seems to be not available at Mouser, they have an alternativ one from Yageo.

The link to the BOM (with all parts you can order for this project at Mouser) is at the end.

Attention: The BOM is for one PCB, for a normal stereo set you must order it twice!
It includes both Versions of CX1, the original order number in the original sequence, the original value at the end named as: CX1 alternativ; R33, R38 is replaced with the Yageo parts!

Have lot of fun during the build and listening!

Kind regards
André

Link: https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManage...sID=d65300aacc
Please copy it before editing or changing.
Old 15th October 2019, 08:24 AM   #615
bandol83 is offline bandol83  France
diyAudio Member

Hello André,

Thank you for your feedback

All your remarks are very exacts and useful. For CX1 the value is not critical, it is just a HF decoupling and since I had plenty of 10 nF 1000 V in stock I use them, but a 100 nF 630 V can be used too, be careful with the size however !

Best regards,
Marc

EL34 Baby Huey AmplifierHide this!Advertise here!