• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

12AV5GA push pull triode amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The OPT would be 3k:8R... AFAIR this amp only used SMPS for heaters and the VA/PI stage. The output stage used a 120V isolation transformer with a delon doubler circuit for the B+. There is a boost converter that will provide all the DC needed though, I use one in another amp running from an ATX supply.

There was a bottom cover... With it on the picture of the insides doesn't look as good though :D

This amp has been scrapped. It's chassis was turned into a KT120 amplifier, and then it too was scrapped. The parts are waiting for reuse now.

Did you like the sound? I didn't get round to building a second channel so it's difficult to tell much other than it didn't sound bad!?
I've got some bigger sweep tubes I might try 6cb5a, I've been drawn away from pp experiments by the simplicity of SE topologies, but have some input step up transformers that should make pp simpler so hopefully I'll get back to them!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.