• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Fuse Holder for Tube Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Unless you poke your finger in and touch the threaded section when it is connected to active and the mains is switched on :(
Then you wired it backwards. The live contact should be on the inside, not the outside.

You could always use one of these: (The first one on the page) You could also get the forth one down and snap them apart.

CAR FUSE HOLDERS

Last edited:
Then you wired it backwards. The live contact should be on the inside, not the outside.

Or the mains lead was backwards, or the mains extension lead was backwards, or the socket was backwards, or someone used an un-earthed plug in a socket with reversible live and neutral pinning.... etc. The point was that a safe fuse holder is always safe, regardless of the wiring, regardless of other possibly unknown factors. That's why the regulations were improved in many territories (and very many years ago now) to prevent dangerous fuse holders from being used in new equipment.

Hi boys,
I just had found two nice Fuse Holders, they are both screw type, 5 x 20mm, 10A 250V, they just differs on the top cap shape and one is longer(R3-260).
One is R3-12 other R3-26, price is similar, I will appreciated your comments:
4PC SCI R3-12 Panel Mount Chassis Fuse Holder For 5x20mm Glass Fuses 10A 250V B1 | eBay
===
+++
4PC SCI R3-26 Panel Mount Chassis Fuse Holder For 5x20mm Glass Fuses 10A 250V B1 | eBay
Any opinion on these Fuse Holders I linked above?

What is the better?

Is very difficult to get a punch for the IEC with or without Fuse; I have an English manual punch but is difficult to use slips when you tighten the bolt. I asked The makers of my Japanese hydraulic punches and dies cost of a hydraulic Punch for The IEC $A1500. Can't even buy any from China ready made.
phil

Is very difficult to get a punch for the IEC with or without Fuse; I have an English manual punch but is difficult to use slips when you tighten the bolt. I asked The makers of my Japanese hydraulic punches and dies cost of a hydraulic Punch for The IEC $A1500. Can't even buy any from China ready made.
phil
I feel your pain :crying:

I looked at even using a square punch to do much of the heavy lifting, but they are nowhere near as common or cheap as circulars. As I only do a few cutouts a year I just resort to line drilling and broad bastard filing.

If I have the room I use the IEC/fuse/switch-indicator combo, otherwise just the IEC/fuse combo (as per post #21 link).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.