• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Need help identifying a tube/valve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• e88ccecc886dj8-haltron-england.jpg
    e88ccecc886dj8-haltron-england.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
A 6N23P tube ain't no bad tube at all, especially in it's -EV version. But it also ain't worth one hundred bucks, just due to gold plating it's pins.

Best regards!

Hallo

A less than U$S10.- valve for about U$S100.- is too much, you guys saved me to lose a lot of my scarce money.

My cousin will travel to Germany on next May, do you know a reliable valve seller in Germany? Thanks in advance, and sorry off topic.

And the pointy pins also point to a Russian tube.

I do not know many Russian tubes/valves, but I did see this detail yesterday searching for 6N23P pictures. Thank you very much.

My cousin will travel to Germany on next May, do you know a reliable valve seller in Germany? Thanks in advance, and sorry off topic.

You/he should try BTB Electronic at Nuremberg (www.btb-electronic.de). They're a really trustworthy and well regarded tube vendor here, and Michael Kaim, their head, whom I know personally, is a man of great knowledge and insight.

Best regards!

Last edited:
The pins might have been gilded afterwards, to get more attraction.

I think the same. :rolleyes:

I had a pair of the exact same tube that said "Made in Germany" on them. I gave them to a friend and he now thinks I'm the most generous guy in the world. (Some day I will tell him that they are Russian)

:p:D

You/he should try BTB Electronic at Nuremberg (www.btb-electronic.de). They're a really trustworthy and well regarded tube vendor here!
Best regards!

Danke schön!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.