Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

I want a tube amp that looks good, and sounds okay. Get angry at me in this thread :)
I want a tube amp that looks good, and sounds okay. Get angry at me in this thread :)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th April 2018, 06:08 AM   #11
spaceistheplace is offline spaceistheplace
diyAudio Member

+1
Old 8th April 2018, 07:48 AM   #12
andyjevans is offline andyjevans  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

If you're in Holland, then I suggest looking at some European amps. For a start, there's Toroidy in Poland. They make a range of good parts. They also sell Fezz amplifiers. Traditional design - nothing fancy - but quite nice to look at

Toroidy's transformers in a Fezz Audio vacuum tubes amplifier - Shop Toroidy.pl
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 08.47.52.png (165.9 KB, 454 views)
Old 8th April 2018, 07:53 AM   #13
jazbo8 is offline jazbo8
diyAudio Moderator

Contact Thomas Mayer for his kits, e.g., VinylSavor: Low Cost Single Ended 6CB5A Amplifier - Part 1

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 8th April 2018, 07:56 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Thomas Mayer is a very good idea. Beautiful products, brilliant engineering. Plenty going on in Europe:

You also have Auris in Serbia Amplifiers | Products | Auris

And NAT Audio NAT - Innovative Audio Manufacture - Vacuum Tube Power Amplifiers

And Trafomatic Power Amplifiers - Trafomatic Audio

And in Holland there's Jan Zuerst. He sells parts but he might have something or know of something. Worth contacting him. Ask Jan First ; electron tubes and more

Last edited by andyjevans; 8th April 2018 at 08:08 AM.
Old 8th April 2018, 12:01 PM   #15
pl802 is offline pl802  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Blimey those speakers cost over 2000 Quid and need at a minimum 40Wts of power. Good luck with your 800 Euro Amp search!
Old 8th April 2018, 12:32 PM   #16
wfmali is offline wfmali  Europe
diyAudio Member

+1
The Sonus faber are supposed to be good with Octave V70...there is the problem with 800€ tops...but indeed, these speakers need power. With that budget, look after "The Engineers Amp" as a basis in this forum, should do the Sonus faber as well, with the right tubes and setup...
Marcus
Old 9th April 2018, 05:41 AM   #17
ChrisABC is offline ChrisABC  Canada
diyAudio Member

(might not be enough power)how about this?

Lowther Club Jazz 6L6 Amplifier
Old 9th April 2018, 05:45 AM   #18
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Venere 2.5 - Sonus faber

dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2_5_01.jpg (52.5 KB, 157 views)
Old 9th April 2018, 02:27 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisABC View Post
(might not be enough power)how about this?

Lowther Club Jazz 6L6 Amplifier
The trouble with importing from the USA to Europe is not just the shipping (which is bad enough), it's the added handling and customs charges. In the UK this makes importing US equipment uncompetitive. I've put up with it for importing DHTs but that's as far as I go. For some reason, Asian stuff seems to go through customs without handling and other charges - don't ask me why. And of course, Europe is a common market so much easier to buy stuff and have it shipped over here. I think we need to bear this in mind when suggesting US equipment to European users. I know it's easy to recommend products you are familiar with in the USA, but it's not that simple in practice.
Old 9th April 2018, 02:44 PM   #20
ChrisABC is offline ChrisABC  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hong Kong? Lowther Club Home

I want a tube amp that looks good, and sounds okay. Get angry at me in this thread :)Hide this!Advertise here!