• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Cheap 300B project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So the Vdc of the circuit is 350 Vdc, less or more.
Which is the value of Resistor that comes from Vdc of the entire circuit?
If we can reach about 400 Vdc for the 6SL7 we can get around 2 volts at each cathode that is better.
What you feel about sound now?

Walter

Thanks Walter and everyone for your help and knowledge, I'm very happy with the sound .

Attachments

• 20180406_111516-1.jpg
    20180406_111516-1.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 382
circuit for kit amp

Hi everyone, I just finished a amp using a cheap Chinese PCB kit. It works ok but hasn't got much volume or bass until I turn it up to max on the pot.I'm not skilled enough to work out whats wrong .I have no readable schematic, just one from the description online. I've attached a pic , maybe someone might be able to help.

thanks
i am about to build a similar kit from happyshop1982? but have low skills as a noob and will get everything checked. i couldn’t reconcile the circuit provided with the parts. so i had a go at tracing out the circuit from the pcb. i might have made a mistake with the input as i had trouble seeing how the capacitor and resistor were connected. i’ll post it if i can.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.