• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

SE SV-811-10 power supply

My version of Eric Barbour's design.
IMG_20220120_210405__01.jpg

My version created on January 2015, as close as possible to original VTV Eric Barbour design (oil filled capacitors, Electra Print transformers and chocks, etc).
A fascinating journey collecting parts all around the world ( as I was on long haul flying those days) and meeting interesting people like Jack Elliano (Electra Print) in Las Vegas, Lorenz Tag (Wi Wi tubes) in Hong Kong and many others in Akihabara district Tokyo.
Great amp giving pleasure all these years…
IMG_1460.jpg.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1461.jpg.jpg
    IMG_1461.jpg.jpg
    586.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1464.jpg.jpg
    IMG_1464.jpg.jpg
    608.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1490.jpg.jpg
    IMG_1490.jpg.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: 1 user
Funny that I should come across your post this morning, last night I brought my own evolution of that Eric Bourbon design ito y main system.

Yours is beautiful by the way an elegant solution and true to design! I’ve strayed far from home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: 1 users
Funny that I should come across your post this morning, last night I brought my own evolution of that Eric Bourbon design ito y main system.

Yours is beautiful by the way an elegant solution and true to design! I’ve strayed far from home.

Jdg123, these amps popped up for sale near me and doing research I stumbled on these posts of yours. The amps for sale near me look just like this one. If it’s your build please shoot me a conversation on here. I joined recently and am in the moderation stage so I can’t do any reaching out to people yet.