• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Question about Aikido

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My friend has done a simulation and keep R8 and 11 = 240R, and compare to R8 and R11 either 240R or 270R. It makes almost no difference but a hair more gain with 240R. He told me that it will loose just a little gain couple tenths of a db nothing else even all 4 positions with higher resistance ~ 300R.

My friend has done a simulation and keep R8 and 11 = 240R, and compare to R8 and R11 either 240R or 270R. It makes almost no difference but a hair more gain with 240R. He told me that it will loose just a little gain couple tenths of a db nothing else even all 4 positions with higher resistance ~ 300R.

Sorry typo! It should be:

"keep R8 and 11 = 240R, and compare to R2 and R4 either both are 240R or 270R."

I want to have this power supply for my Aikido 6SN7. As I'm not a big fans of 5Y3, and I'm more interested in 2 x 274B in parallel. Any change for the substitution?

Attachments

• barbour3.gif
    barbour3.gif
    13 KB · Views: 113

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
You could look at the curves.

My impression is that they are the "same" tube, or super-similar. (Same heater power too.)

Any slight different in spec is clouded by tube-to-tube variation, and masked by the regulator. Real difference is the socket.

An observation: 500V CT will not make the 300V DC implied at the regulator unless load is very-very light.

Attachments

• 274A-5Y3GT.gif
    274A-5Y3GT.gif
    108.1 KB · Views: 104
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.