• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

OTL tube headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks, but I wasn't referring to electrically but audibly as surely it is significant depending on the left and right of the rca inputs, nevertheless the amp is finished and my problem was a faulty potentiometer.
OK - sorry. I clearly misunderstood your intent in the question. My apologies. However, which sids of the valve is used for which channel really should not matter, as explained.

Thank you Mooly but one more thing if you don't mind, obviously safety is key with this project and I am keen to place the resistors on the HT line, when you have a minute could you possibly tag the photo to show where the resistors would need to go please, apart from a bit of tidying up this is the finished board, I hope to make another and learn from my mistakes but for now I will go back to my electronics for dummies book and start from scratch, sometimes I think it is good to throw yourself in at the deep end.
Thanks all Ian

Attachments

• WP_20171207_004.jpg
    WP_20171207_004.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 89
  • WP_20171207_005.jpg
    WP_20171207_005.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 81
  • WP_20171207_006.jpg
    WP_20171207_006.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 76
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.