Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

A WE-91B project
A WE-91B project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th January 2018, 01:44 AM   #21
jerrylong is offline jerrylong  China
diyAudio Member

Power PCB
21.JPG
Old 24th January 2018, 02:38 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

The PCB is here
IMG_0591.JPG
Old 29th January 2018, 08:45 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Here is the chasiss
33.jpg

34.jpg
Old 30th January 2018, 11:48 AM   #24
Khaleesi is offline Khaleesi  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I want to keep the first 310A to keep the original circuit as possible, and add a attenuator between the pre and 91B
You are going to add an attenuator to reduce the signal because you are going to use a step up transformer in the next stage which would otherwise cause overload??

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by Khaleesi; 30th January 2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 1st February 2018, 03:05 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

No I just want to add an attenuator between the pre and WE-91B, I wll not use a step-up trans in the Input of the WE-91B
Old 1st February 2018, 11:48 AM   #27
JOHNNYCR100 is offline JOHNNYCR100  Abu Dhabi
diyAudio Member

Default Nice amp sir

Hi there Jerry, thanks for shareing, do you intend a WE type preamp to keep the synergy?, newbee question -but a modern/retro We system seems a great idear - how much like the origional would this sound like (another newbee question)- Would you need horns (Sato horns?) to finish the effect, I say this as i once heard a WE amp with horns and i never forgot the sound (road to Damascus experence)

Cheers Johnny
Old 2nd February 2018, 12:34 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Hi Jonnny, thanks for noticing this project. I will use my AudioNote M10 (clone one) with this WE-91B to see the effect first. I have a TAD2402 horns(sensitivity is 97dB), I think it will be good for the WE-91B.

2018-02-02 092714.jpg
Old 2nd February 2018, 04:00 AM   #29
JOHNNYCR100 is offline JOHNNYCR100  Abu Dhabi
diyAudio Member

Default Nice horns!

Hi Jerry,

Love those horns, I have been reading about the history of WE amplification ( inspired by your build somewhat) but the origin WE amp used for cinema amplification apparently (so I read) only went to 15 Khz, amp makers traffomatic claim the have a modern WE amps with none of the high frequency restrictions but to in house output transformers, is this embedded in your WE inspired approach?, assuming it is could you give any more info on the output transformers you used please.

Maney thanks and well done.
Regards Johnny
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:30 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

I will make all the transfomers in this project include OPT, I am still designing it now

A WE-91B projectHide this!Advertise here!