• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

The ISO-Tango transformers reborn in ISO Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What can I say .....?

I ordered a pair of NC20F II some months ago from Acousticdimension... Put them in a C3g / IT / 300b diy amp. The sound is something extraodinary, difficult to explain. Life sound, colorfull sound, sweet sound, great sound. Legend sound.

Thank you ISO.
Gillou:)

Last edited:
I'm wondering if anyone can share first hand experience with the new ISO transformers. How do they compare to the earlier Tango products? I'm looking at a pair of OPTs and interstage transformers and have loved the sound of Tango in other amps.

It might be hard to find someone who has compared both, FWIW I use ISO transformers and I'm very happy with them. The finish is impeccable and Mr. Osawa is a pleasure to deal with.

See below re intricacies WRT Hirata Electric (TANGO), ISO-TANGO, WAVAC and ISO:
ISO TRANSFORMERS

ISO TRANSFORMERS
ISO TANGO HISTORY

- on 1947 Hirata Electric was founded, TANGO was their brand name.
- on 2000 Hirata Electric was closed.
- on 2000 manager class employees of Hirata established new ISO-TANGO and resumed production.
All equipment, technical data, know-how, sub-factories were succeeded.
At that time, the owner of TANGO Brand was Mr Hirata, former president of Hirata Electric.
ISO-TANGO had to pay license fee to use name of TANGO brand to Mr Hirata.
- on 2014 because of health problem of management peoples, ISO-TANGO was closed.
At that time, old Mr Hirata sold license to use name of TANGO brand to WAVAC
Also at that time, Mr.Osawa (President of new ISO TRANSFORMERS) received
all precious HAND WINDING machines from ISO-TANGO.
- on 2016 Mr.Osawa, Design Engineer and Winding Maestro of ISO TANGO have established
ISO TRANSFORMERS and started production again.
Therefore, now there are two completely different transmaker existing,
- WAVAC TANGO
- ISO TRANSFORMERS
It is very important for customers all over the world to understand real figure of LEGACY-TANGO.
- one important engineer Mr Suzuki, who graduated from TDU (Japanese only one top class Electricity university), joined Hirata Electric on 1967 circa.
- before Mr Suzuki joining, products of Hirata was ordinary.
- Mr Suzuki is genius to innovate OUTPUT TANGO and ISO trans.
- Thus, actually we can say the true successor is ISO TRANSFORMERS.

HK

Last edited:
It might be hard to find someone who has compared both, FWIW I use ISO transformers and I'm very happy with them. The finish is impeccable and Mr. Osawa is a pleasure to deal with.

Agreed. I've built several similar amplifiers with Hirata Tango, ISO Tango, and ISO interstage and OPTs and cannot hear any differences between them that relate to the iron. The finish on all of them is identical.

The only downside is the limited number of models currently available. Note that the Wavac Tango iron is substantially more expensive than the ISO counterparts. Since ISO mainly sells directly from the factory, their prices are still reasonable and shipping is very fast. My last order arrived in New York from Japan five days after my remittance.

~Joseph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.