• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

845 SET amp recommendations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Forget 845 or other big triode as 211,805, unless its GM70.
211,845,805 are all expensive tubes even the Chinese brands and they are not military tubes, not to mention that US tubes will breaking the bank.

With the KT150 in SE you can get 13W or UL 25W w/this chinese inexpensive amp 6SN7+KT150 will made a great sound.
There is a $200 offer in coupon in this shop in 3 days.
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/KT12...-adjustment/32459475648.html?isOrigTitle=true

Forget 845 or other big triode as 211,805, unless its GM70.
211,845,805 are all expensive tubes even the Chinese brands and they are not military tubes, not to mention that US tubes will breaking the bank.

With the KT150 in SE you can get 13W or UL 25W w/this chinese inexpensive amp 6SN7+KT150 will made a great sound.
Expensive is relative, for me most of Chinese amp are very expensive, 1000USD for a bad quality sound is very expensive. they use bad quality transformer, bad or fake capacitors, wires with low copper content.... I had very bad experiences with brand as Yaqin, Music Angel and Mexing Minda. You begin to upgrade the amp to increment the sound quality, the first begin with coupled capacitor, later the potentiometer, later the tubes, later is not enough, and need to change the out put transformer if want to reduce the NFB, at the end need to replace ALL. but I think that depends of how exigent is each one.

EL34 reduce budget but for me the sound is not comparable with big DHT.

Expensive is relative, for me most of Chinese amp are very expensive, 1000USD for a bad quality sound is very expensive. they use bad quality transformer, bad or fake capacitors, wires with low copper content.... I had very bad experiences with brand as Yaqin, Music Angel and Mexing Minda. You begin to upgrade the amp to increment the sound quality, the first begin with coupled capacitor, later the potentiometer, later the tubes, later is not enough, and need to change the out put transformer if want to reduce the NFB, at the end need to replace ALL. but I think that depends of how exigent is each one.

EL34 reduce budget but for me the sound is not comparable with big DHT.
Correct, I cant disagree from you. In this case there is this made in AU amp made by an famous local builder:
Eric McChanson's timE Amp+ : KT150 SE UL / SET Stereo Valve Tube NEW | eBay
Unfortunately there is no internal photos.

Expensive is relative, for me most of Chinese amp are very expensive, 1000USD for a bad quality sound is very expensive. they use bad quality transformer, bad or fake capacitors, wires with low copper content.... I had very bad experiences with brand as Yaqin, Music Angel and Mexing Minda. You begin to upgrade the amp to increment

Have you upgraded those amps and came to this conclusion?

Have you upgraded those amps and came to this conclusion?

I have test in my house the following model:
Music Angel XD800 MKIII
Yaqin MS34D
Meixing Mingda MC34
Bravo 6c33
IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

Other brands Yarland sound horrible, Consonance the Ciber series and Melody so so, Line Magnetic sound bad, but as I said before depend how exigent you are.

I prefer to buy a second hand Airtight or make or buy a good DIY amplifier.

Wow impressive ,what are those speaker Said? How did you like the music angel xd 800? Did you try to mod it ?
Theses speakers were made for me d2905/9500 and 18w8545 Scan Speak.

XD800 has two problem one is ugly and the second when you open you see that all inside are very bad, socket. wires, bias variable resistor....... XM800 is the worse of them. Yaqin is more stable, work many hours without problems.

For good quality and reasonable price, I am sure you can find a professional DIYER thay make to you in USA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.