• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Mable Audio 300B Amp KitI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone heard this amp? I am looking for a 300B, 6SN7 amp kit with 3.5K output transformers. I have been trying to build a 300B amp. I have been having problems with this design. So I have been contemplating a simpler design. I have all high quality parts to replace most of the parts in a kit. I also have a pair of Electraprint 3.5K output transformers. So I need a kit that uses 3.5K tranny's. I saw a kit from Mable Audio that states they use 3.5K's. There are a few kits on the bay that look exactly the same, but don't mention the value of the output tranny's. So does anyone know anything about the Mable Audio Kit, or about another inexpensive kit that uses 3.5K output Transformers?
I'm looking for a cheap kit with a good design because I have All the better parts, like WBT next Gen Silver RCA's, Teflon tube sockets, Better caps and resistors etc., etc.
On ebay there is an assembled amp by Douk Audio that looks the same except it looks like they added some bridge rectifiers on the filaments for the 300B's.
So if you know about these amps or others with 3.5K output transformers please let me know. Thank you very much.

Tubelab

That's the design I'm having problems with. I get it working, and it works for a while and then craps out. I'm going to give it one more try, since I have the parts. But I'm just thinking ahead. I bought a bunch of the latest recommended Mosfets. Right now, as soon as the B+ comes up, I get a loud hum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.