• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

10W+10W EL34+ECC83 single-ended Class A Stereo amplifier Kit wlx

Hello Guys,
i am back here again looking for you advice, and opinion, i have ordered this diy amp board from ebay,from here, it is still on the way, so i dont have it yeat, i am looking for a schematic, because the seller did not provide a clear schematic, just this fuzzy one i had attached. Please tell me what you believe about this board.

It is without tubes, and transformers.

Thank you guys !

Attachments

• 12ax7-el34-se.JPG
    12ax7-el34-se.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 2,831
  • 12ax7-el34-se1.JPG
    12ax7-el34-se1.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,745
  • 12ax7-el34-se3.JPG
    12ax7-el34-se3.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 3,088
Reactions: 1 user
2x 10 W single ended DIY kit ECC83-2xEL34

I have the same fuzzy schematic and because not all resistors had colour code rings, it was hard to really know which R had to go where. I only get 3W undistorted on my scope, then one half of the wave collapses. Who can help me out with a more detailed schematic please?

To me the schematic seems as below. I also simulated it and the results seems quite expectable. I assumed the + Ub to be 300 Vdc.
Max. output power is about 6.5 W, sensitivity 0,9 Vrms. Check the dc-voltages and compare to the simulation.

Attachments

• EL34SE_China.gif
    EL34SE_China.gif
    30.8 KB · Views: 2,508
Last edited:
The Amp is done,

Hey Guys,
I had finished the electronics on the amp, and i tested it, it sound acceptable, taking in consideration that is single ended, and i had used 230--> 2x6V power transformer as OT. All i did was to repack the E+I lamination's and put an air gap. I am planning to wind some bigger trany's for OT, and to finish the enclosure of the amp.

Thank you guys for all the help and tips,

Attachments

• ecc83M_6P6S_NoCover.jpg
    ecc83M_6P6S_NoCover.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 2,133
Hi all, sorry about my english :S I have the same amplifier, I really enjoy to mount it, and also, I like the sound, for me this 6 (really?) Wats are enoght. One question... Can I put different type of tubes?, like 6V6, or 6L6, or KT88?, In this case, what modification I have to do?, also... where can I put a pot?, in the original circuit there aren´t volume control... in the begining? or in the input of the EL34? Thanks in advance for all

Hello Guys,
i am back here again looking for you advice, and opinion, i have ordered this diy amp board from ebay,from here, it is still on the way, so i dont have it yeat, i am looking for a schematic, because the seller did not provide a clear schematic, just this fuzzy one i had attached. Please tell me what you believe about this board.

It is without tubes, and transformers.

Thank you guys !

Hello guys, sorry for not being active for quite some time, but life is full of action and simply there is not enough time, but i try to make some time for my projects too.
I had finished the build of the amp in this post, and i will share with you some pictures,
since inside is known, the final form is like this, hope you like it, please live a comment, if you like it or not, i accept constructive critics and advice, i am just a human, and i learn from my mistakes :D
Here come the amp:

Attachments

• IMG_0872.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    764.4 KB · Views: 978
  • IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 962
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 1,004
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 1,033
  • CBAmplifiers_Cover .jpg
    CBAmplifiers_Cover .jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,053
I really like it! Lots of curves and a 1950's 'swoopy chrome' look. It reminds me a little of the old Automat in NYC. The big springs around the output tubes are a nice, fun touch. Are those 6V6 tubes?
--
Hi, dude,
I am glad you like it, i give it away to one of my friends, as a birthday present.
the tubes are 6P6S rusian equivalent to 6V6, and the preamp tube is ECC83.

hello ,

i comparate the build and use tube TV ( EL 300 drived to small ECC 83 :D )

2 x 8 W to 1 Khz , the OPT build to Hexacom .

;)

The EL300 tube is a very interesting and obtain good performance in audio amplifier applications.
A notice about your construction output OT is that transformers are small and I think you can get better performance if you use these sections for OT somewhat higher.
Low frequency response to be much better at 0dB, in my opinion!
In the picture I have another solution EL300 and amplifier with ECC83:

Attachments

• SE 10W cu EL300 si ECC83.png
    SE 10W cu EL300 si ECC83.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 801
Last edited: