• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

DOUK 5670+6AQ5+6E2 push-pull merge Class AB tube amp HIFI amplifier DIY KIT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good or not depends of quality of tubes, OTs, resistors, caps, volume control, conectors......Only good OTs cost more than 150 Eu, good cap - about 3-10 Eu, good res. - 1-2 Eu. The price of kit leads to doubt of it quality. For beginers and computer speakers amp is so-so.....IMO....

Last edited:
Good or not depends of quality of tubes, OTs, resistors, caps, volume control, conectors......Only good OTs cost more than 150 Eu, good cap - about 3-10 Eu, good res. - 1-2 Eu. The price of kit leads to doubt of it quality. For beginers and computer speakers amp is so-so.....IMO....

If you are paying £10 and £3 for caps and resistors-- You are being ripped off for 'AUDIOPHOOL' crap!

Good quality 2W Metal-film shouldn't be any more than around £0.20p, similar scale for caps!

I do however agree with the Transformer costs. Cheapo transformers--are cheap, and perform 'cheap'

Here we go again.. a debate that can simply be solved by blind-test but somehow someone always find a reason to not do it.

We are reaching 0.000x% of THD with SS amp and yet single ended triode amps with 2-10% THD are still popular. Doesn't that tell you that we should not trust our ears too much in terms of how precise they are?

Here you go--

Through Hole Fixed Resistors - 1 W@ +70C

You wouldnt call Vichay resistors in ANY way sub-standard would you! Not Expensive--From a Proper Industrial Supplier--instead of some unknown make items from some spurious so-called 'boutique' fly-by-night, get-rich-quick outfit!

DONT ever waste your money on silly named resistors and caps--Use the money for things that REALLY make a noticable and more importantly--MEASURABLE difference, Transformers and Speakers!

Why is it that some of the most respected and prodigious Co's in history and present--Use what you would call--sub-standard Industry Leader made parts --such as Vichay!

Please list PROPER BLIND TESTING by IMPARTIAL organisations to back up your claims--I believe, There are NONE--You'll only find so-called blind tests by Co's with vested interests in selling what amounts to standard, (and sometimes sub-standard) parts inside mega-bux packages for daft money!!

Leave Audiophool PLACEBO parts to those easily brainwashed!

Last edited:
It's bad advice cheap and exp. small parts sound without difference....big skill is need to sense caps, res-s, connectors, cables /power, speakers, inputs, wires/.....and of course listening sensitivity speakers /Tannoy, Lawter, Fostex, Audio Nirvana...../ to sense difference....IMO

Last edited:
It's bad advice cheap and exp. small parts sound without difference....big skill is need to sense caps, res-s, connectors, cables /power, speakers, inputs, wires/.....and of course listening sensitivity speakers /Tannoy, Lawter, Fostex, Audio Nirvana...../ to sense difference....IMO

Aye--Must not forget the resonant Pebbles and Crystals to place on the speaker-cabinets and around your room too!!:rolleyes:

Here you go, Stones from local beach--For hundred bucks apiece! What utter rubbish!

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Aye--Must not forget the resonant Pebbles and Crystals to place on the speaker-cabinets and around your room too!!:rolleyes:

Here you go, Stones from local beach--For hundred bucks apiece! What utter rubbish!

Brilliant Pebbles Advanced Audio Video Tweak

Well they have made a good job of cleaning them..:rolleyes:..:D

Is the plastic bag non conductive and special...:p..
(yes very special 50 bucks)

It helps with the packets of digital information.
(Comes with free packet carrier picture attached)
I guess it would have to be a sea snail..

LOL just noticed the Dark Matter optical CD coating..

http://www.machinadynamica.com/index.html

LMAO..

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina35.htm

AnimateSeismic.gif

Regards
M. Gregg

Attachments

• Snail.jpg
    Snail.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
I especially like their Particle Accelerator Hair Dryer, or a CD De-Magnetiser!
--Even though CD's are polycarbonate plastic and either silver or aluminium--both non-magnetic materials.....

How about the AEGIS Morphic Message Labels. AEGIS Morphic Field Combat System!

A Whole Industry built on LIES! Co's like this just go to prove that idiots are born every day, Bit of old flannel written by a bunch of ex-hippies on crack about some bits of plastic tape or a mis-used hairdryer (Just like daft mega bux caps and resistors!!) and easy to separate their money from!

Guess these guys are making a LOT of dosh from the easily fooled. King's New Clothes comes to mind........

Placebo IDIOCY!

I'll bet that some fools think that solid-silver mains-power leads have some effect on sound quality too--Even though at both ends its connected to boring old copper in their house then to standard old mains distribution, sometimes aluminium wire and non OFC copper/Industrial mains- substation transformers, often soldered with a lead-tin alloy or lead-free crap inside their audio-equipment!....

Makes you feel sorry for 'em!

We ain't Ever gonna agree!

You spend your money on placebo crap--I'll invest mine in quality parts.....

Only thing that will decide this is a Proper, Blind Test with Impartial Audience of Trained Musicians and experienced Recording Engineers--These guys will know more about sound than both of us put together....

Last edited:
azazello said:
Someone must be deaf that doesn't sense the difference of sounding regular and silver power cord.
Unbelievers are deaf.

Times to times must clean hears and listen with high sensitivity speakers,
Unbelievers have the wrong systems (and need to pay more attention to personal hygiene, such as cleaning "hears").

It's nice that the true believers are so consistent in their explanations as to why the unbelievers don't hear cables, components, crystals etc.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
come on guys all i did was started a thread about a tube amp kit and some people started a argument on the person who was trying to help

:D..its OK,

This is the standard Audio / snake oil argument.

I use Audio parts many don't and won't even entertain the idea.
However there are audio parts and complete tosh like crystals etc.

I'm selective where I use them but its really down to the individual.

The argument is the cost of the kit is quite low when you compare the cost of mid range output transformers. This is where Alastair is saying the problem could potentially be.

ie the money is better spent on good output iron not on resistors or caps.

I personally think the kit will probably be a let down but its down to the individual. (I have never listened to it).

azazello is saying that poor coupling components will also have a detrimental effect as well as the PSU and output Transformers.

The argument has been raging since the 1970's..:)

Here is an example of OK output transformers to give you a guide of price so you can see why people are saying these things..
From USA..so there is import duty
https://www.edcorusa.com/gxppseries#/pageSize=25&viewMode=list&orderBy=0&pageNumber=2

From UK
Valve Push-Pull Output Transformers

Just the output Transformers are more than the KIT..top end transformers can be absolutely silly money (and I mean thousands of pounds each), this is where you need to know what you are doing..eg

http://www.hificollective.co.uk/search/site/output%20trans

That's why I suggested Tubelab Simple SE..then you can choose the output Tranformers.
You could build something like a RH but you need to hard wire no PCB's.

So if its just a fun build have a go with the kit but I wouldn't expect anything with good HIFI sound. (I could be wrong)

PS did you like the snail..:D

NB audio people have heart felt beliefs in the per suite of good sound and engineering practice that's why it can get a bit hot occasionally.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=u...66vzM7dxgIVhesUCh0SZAw8#imgrc=2JwgR1Klmpkx5M:

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
rigers said:
come on guys all i did was started a thread about a tube amp kit and some people started a argument on the person who was trying to help
If someone gives advice which others think is unhelpful then saying so is trying to be helpful too. On DIYaudio the thread starter does not own the thread, but good manners should mean that a thread does not get hijacked.

Someone must be deaf that doesn't sense the difference of sounding regular and silver power cord. I have it. With some my amps sound is better, but with some - worst. Times to times must clean hears and listen with high sensitivity speakers, IMO.....

Hmm--No one wants to admit that they spent close to a thousand bucks on a power-cable with silver wire and rhodium pins and Cannot hear a 'difference'

IF they did admit--Then they will be admitting to wasting nearly a thousand bucks!!

WHAT difference is two meters of silver cable thats connected to several thousand miles of Standard, Not OFC COPPER, Steel, Ally cable, attached to thousands of noisy motors, transformers, cheapo Chinese switched-mode PSU's, in a myriad of cruddy computers and washers, dryers and vacuum-cleaners, other crap gonna do??

Answer--ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL!!--Except of course, a severely dented bank-balance....

Conclusion, Mega-Bux Silver Power cables = PLACEBO!!:eek::eek:
Dont need 'hears' to determine That!:D

Better to spend your dosh on an Online UPS if you are worried about power-supply quality, instead of hippy crap cables.;)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.