• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

How to use Russian tube 6H6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I know this is an old thread...
Soundbrigade, have you built anything with those Russian 6N6P dual triodes? I have quite a few of these. Just for fun I used one dual in parallel as output tube with small SE output transformer, and it worked fine and sounded ok. Good as headphone amp, perhaps.
Did anyone tried to use these in OTL amp? Like those Bruce Rozenblit made with tv tubes? I could experiment with parallel tubes, even if it would have just a cap on output, but I do not want to spent too much time experimenting. Is there any schematics for OTL, I think Tim de Paravicini did something like that. Anyone?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Some edcor trafos arrived, so I made simple se amplifier with 6H6P (6N6P) one dual triode per channel. I got some help from lampizator (thanks Lukasz). It works reasonably well. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• l1.jpg
    l1.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 543
  • l2.jpg
    l2.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 525
Joined 2004
Paid Member
and some test results...I do not know how much watts it can make, but plenty for normal listening, and especially for headphones
It is reasonably flat, -5dB from 30 Hz to 15 kHz, with small hump at 120 Hz, and slowly rolling of below 100 Hz.
It has very low noise (no preamp tube), at about -100 dB, and it is quite clean, respectable at ~0.107% at normal listening level.

Attachments

• l3.jpg
    l3.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 519
  • l4.jpg
    l4.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 502
  • l5.jpg
    l5.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 490
  • l6.jpg
    l6.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 446
I know this is an old thread...
Soundbrigade, have you built anything with those Russian 6N6P dual triodes? I have quite a few of these. Just for fun I used one dual in parallel as output tube with small SE output transformer, and it worked fine and sounded ok. Good as headphone amp, perhaps.
Did anyone tried to use these in OTL amp? Like those Bruce Rozenblit made with tv tubes? I could experiment with parallel tubes, even if it would have just a cap on output, but I do not want to spent too much time experimenting. Is there any schematics for OTL, I think Tim de Paravicini did something like that. Anyone?
I have 6n6p parallel in OTL for headphone amp. Same schematic as below but then i used 6n6p. Anode voltage is 200v. And if you need some amplification ad a 6n6p srpp stage.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 496
I have 6n6p parallel in OTL for headphone amp. Same schematic as below but then i used 6n6p. Anode voltage is 200v. And if you need some amplification ad a 6n6p srpp stage.

Hi Koifarm. Would you mind PM me the whole CDT100 diagram if you have it. A friend has both this and the CDT200 that he would like to modify (or repair in the case of the faulty 200).
We have not been able to obtain info on these players.

It would be much appreciated.

Gary.

Hi Koifarm!

Could you give some informations about that amplifier?
- input/output impedance?
- How many power has it?
- What would be the optimal load?
- etc....:)
Greets:
Tyimo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.