• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Quad II questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a old pair too...
I think that You have taps for reconnecting power transformer to 110V US standard
(inside the chases, under the power transformer)
But please take a look at the schematics - google.
BTW I have one amp with a input transformer haddon brand.
And with pot. everything original...
I would like to find another input transformer for other standard Quad II amplifier. Someone have an idea?

Last edited:
Could you elaborate more on how to switch to 110VUS? I want to make an informed decision on which way to go.

I have a old pair too...
I think that You have taps for reconnecting power transformer to 110V US standard
I would like to find another input transformer for other standard Quad II amplifier. Someone have an idea?

Unfortunately you cannot. The power transformer in the original Quad II had only the possibility of adjusting mains input +/- 10%. There is not the possibility of re-arrainging anything inside as it has a single primary.

I know because I own a pair of Quad II of the 100-130 VAC type, which I cannot use here in Europe without an autotransformer.

I have a old pair too...
I have just come across this thread. Zoran, can I suggest you try Keith Snook? I believe he may have what you were seeking, but that was 2 years ago!

Hi,
the schematic of the Quad II says, the mains trafo has only taps for 200,220 and 240V settings. For USA user its requires a 115 to 240V step-up trafo, or you found a 240V socket in your home (cooker or air conditioner ) were you plug it in. :)

For a pair Quad II the step-up trafo must deliver appr. 250VA power.

Wolfgang

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.