• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

half 6SN7 / 6CG7 7pin mini substitute?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Most of the 7 pin tubes have a Mu higher than 20. Look at the 6J6 or a triode wired 6AU6.

I used a triode wired 6AU6 in my first mic pre design. They are surprisingly quiet. I seem to remember the triode wired mu was around 34.

By the way, I have lots of these 6AU6 tubes I know longer need. Free to anyone for the cost of postage.

Cheers

Ian

Hi. I am looking for a 7pin miniature triode (or pentode connected as a triode) that could be a perfect substitute to half of a 6SN7.

Any clue?

Does it absolutely have to be a 7 pin mini type? Will a 9 pin mini twin triode that can be set up to use only 1 section asymmetrically in each channel do? If so, the 12BH7 is an excellent candidate for this job.

possibly a repackaged acorn tube

It is a 955 in a 7 pin bottle. All of the 9000 series are repackaged acorn tubes that were used WWII aircraft electronics. I had a bunch of both styles, most of which were physically damaged so I took them apart. Same guts inside both types of tubes.

I also got to see the internals of every possible 807-1625-6L6 type variant, since I had several hundred broken tubes. All were from a collector of WWII surplus that had passed on. The warehouse was being demolished when the tubes and other stuff was found. Ever see a box full of carefully wrapped 211's and 845's.....all smashed:(

The 9002 is an excellent voltage amplifier triode, but due to its tiny internals the Rp is much higher than the 6SN7.

By the way, I have lots of these 6AU6 tubes I know longer need. Free to anyone for the cost of postage.

Cheers

Ian

Hey Ian, I would love to have these. Can you get me a shipping quote to Brasil?

I will try these iwired as a triode in this project, but I also could have many more uses for a 6AU6, so let me know how many you have that you could send me.

That's very nice!

Now, thanks for all the inputs, guys. I have enough now to start experimenting. This is a really nice forum!

Hey Ian, I would love to have these. Can you get me a shipping quote to Brasil?

I will try these iwired as a triode in this project, but I also could have many more uses for a 6AU6, so let me know how many you have that you could send me.

That's very nice!

Now, thanks for all the inputs, guys. I have enough now to start experimenting. This is a really nice forum!

I am happy to send you a dozen (12). Shipping to Brazil would be about £15.

Send me your address and I will pack some in a box for you. Send your address to my email: ianbell@ukfsn.org

Cheers

Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.